Zoom Phone Yealink devices are covered in this article. The device administrator must be able to access certain steps. If you need troubleshooting assistance, please contact your Zoom Phone administrator.
Frequently asked questions
How do I sign in to the device’s web interface?
The Zoom Phone admin should ensure that web interfaces are enabled on the account-level settings for the devices.
For more information on how to obtain the device’s IP address and access its web interface, see the Yealink assisted provisioning guide.
How do I export the system log?
To help them troubleshoot issues you may be experiencing, you can provide logs and/or configuration files to the support team. You can find an overview of how to export logs and configuration files here.
How do I upgrade firmware?
The Zoom Phone Hardware as a Service (HaaS) device will automatically be provisioned to your account when connected and be updated with the latest firmware when you make use of it.
As long as your device was provisioned using ZTP, the firmware will automatically be updated.
Please follow the Yealink factory reset and firmware upgrade guide if you need to manually upgrade the firmware of the device.
How do I reset the device?
After trying all other troubleshooting suggestions, reset the phone to factory settings.
The settings will be reset. After a factory reset, the device will have to be re-provisioned.
Learn more about factory resets and firmware upgrades on the Yealink website.
How can I find the basic information of the device, such as IP address and firmware version?
You can check basic information like IP address and firmware version by pressing the OK key while the device is idle.
How do I obtain the MAC address of the device when it’s not powered on?
The following methods can be used to determine the MAC address of the device:
- MAC addresses for shipping information sheets can be found on the PO (Purchase Order) for that supplier.
- They are usually on the box’s label.
- Use the barcode on the back of the phone to find the MAC address.
- The Zoom web portal can be used to find the MAC address. Ask your Zoom phone admin to do so.
I hear a tone when there is a call on hold? How do I disable it?
A tone is played by default every 30 seconds on hold when the device has been set to play a tone. In the device’s web interface, you can disable this function or change the tone interval:
- Log in to the web interface of the device.
- From the web interface, click on the Features tab.
- Then click General Information at the bottom left of the screen.
- Make sure that Play Hold Tone Delay is set to the correct value.
How do I start a three-way call?
You can start a three-way call by following the instructions in the Yealink quick start guide.
How do I reboot the device?
Rebooting the device will resynchronize it with the provisioning server.
- Access the device’s web interface.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Then, on the left-hand side of the page you will see a link that says Upgrade.
- The IP phone will be rebooted by clicking Reboot.
The Zoom web portal is a great way for admins to resync devices if they have no access to the device’s web interface.
How do I remove the device from Zoom if I want to use it on another service?
Zoom Phone administrators must remove devices from the Zoom web portal, then perform a factory reset on the devices if they no longer want to use Zoom Phone.
What is my device’s administrator password and user password?
In the Zoom web portal, you will find a default password for the admin account. Please contact your Zoom Phone administrator for help.
Device has outdated or uncertified firmware
Provide the device using assisted provisioning by following the instructions.
Screen is blank
- Connect the phone to a power over Ethernet (PoE) switch or a functional AC outlet.
- Try plugging the phone directly into a wall outlet instead of a power strip.
- Use a PoE-compliant switch or hub if your SIP-T23P/T23G IP phone is powered by PoE.
“Network unavailable” error
- Please check that the Ethernet cable is plugged into the Internet port on the phone and that its connection isn’t loose or damaged.
- You should also verify that your network’s switch or hub is functional.
- You should configure your firewall so that Zoom Phone can be used. The person responsible for managing Zoom Phone can help with this.
“No service” error
SIP accounts that fail to register display “No Service” on the device’s screen. For help, contact Zoom Phone support.
Incorrect time and date
Zoom Phone admins need to ensure that the NTP server has been correctly set up in the account settings for the Zoom Phone devices.
In the Zoom web portal, make sure your time zone is set correctly.
Device doesn’t play dial tone
- Make sure the phone is properly installed and that no loose connections are present.
- Check whether the dial tone works for a different audio device by switching between the handset, headset (if present) and a speakerphone.
- You may be able to isolate the problem by connecting a different handset or headset if the dial tone is present on another audio device.
Devices doesn’t ring
Make sure the ringer volume is turned up. When the phone is on-hook and idle, press the Volume key to adjust the ringer volume.
Device doesn’t receive calls
- Make sure that your system administrator is aware of the SIP registration.
- If you have your phone set to DND (Do Not Disturb), make sure that it is deactivated.
- Make sure your phone does not forward calls.
- See if you have blocked the number.
Headset not working
- In order to use the headset, you must make sure that the device is compatible with the headset. You can find more information on the Yealink support website.
- Make sure that your headset cord is connected all the way to your phone’s headset jack.
- Check to make sure that the headset mode is enabled on your phone.
- Check to make sure that the volume level of the headset is set appropriately.