Masks are very common on social media and various online services (Instagram, Snapchat, and so on). Their essence lies in the fact that additional elements are superimposed on a person’s face, for example, cat ears, a cactus hat, etc. They work more conveniently on mobile devices, where a camera is already provided. But there is also a use case for a computer. But are there masks for Zoom conferences ? Find out from our article.
This function is not currently provided in the Zoom mobile application, but there is a virtual background . The client for the PC does not have it either, so, unfortunately, there is no official way to use such a “grimace”.
But on computers and laptops, there is a workaround that will interest many. The bottom line is that a third-party program processes the image from the user’s webcam and transfers it to Zoom . There are quite a few programs of this kind for computers and a laptop, but the most common of them is Snap Camera , which is the responsibility of the creators of the Snapchat mobile application. Let’s figure out how to use it in more detail.
Installing and Configuring Snap Camera
First, install the latest version of the program:
- Go to the official download page .
- Next, confirm the captcha in the block below.
- Click Download for Mac to download the Mac version of Snap Camera, or Download for PC for Windows.
- Save and run the suggested file.
In the case of Windows, to install, click on the Next button four times , then on Install and finally on Finish .
The program will open automatically.
In the case of Mac OS, drag the thumbnail Snap Chat in the directory “Applications» ( the Applications ), open it from the general list of programs and allow the launch of the security window.
Let’s move on to setting it up:
- In the main window, click Next twice and then Finish .
- At the top of the page, the camera itself is displayed, and just below – all kinds of effects. Apply any filter from the library.
- Use search if necessary.
It’s time to make such a video in Zoom. For this:
- Join any conference.
- Turn on the webcam using the corresponding icon.
- Next, click on the “arrow” .
- Select Snap Camera as the device .
- Make sure everything is in order.
Solution of problems
Snap Camera may not work correctly, in which case it should be configured. You can get to the desired page from the main window if you click on the gear icon.
In the Choose your camera box, select the webcam you want to use. You should only do this if the picture is not shown by default.
In Choose camera resolution, specify the resolution and number of frames per second. If the video is interrupted or poorly displayed, select a lower value.
Clearing the cache also often helps. It is carried out as follows:
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings page.
- Click on the View button .
- Scroll to the bottom again.
- Click on the Clear selected item .
- Close the settings with the Close button .
- Restart your PC.
Unfortunately, it will not work to make a mask in Zoom on smartphones and tablets. Perhaps in the future, developers will add this function to the mobile application, but so far there is no official information. The same applies to the PC client. But the broad capabilities of the computer allow you to bypass this limitation.
Snap Camera adds a virtual webcam that is easy to use for video conferencing. It’s pretty easy to install and configure. But just in case, we have described the detailed instructions above.