Zoom is a popular application for communication and video calls (conferences). As practice shows, too high functionality is very useful, but it also leads to errors, for example, with video. Today we’ll talk about why Zoom can’t see the camera . Also, in the course of the story, we will consider the features of the problem for individual platforms and manufacturers.
The Zoom technical support page has several suggestions for resolving this issue. For ease of perception, we will divide the further narration into several logical blocks.
Make sure no other apps or programs are using the camera. Check if the processes of utilities and messengers, the functionality of which is similar to Zoom, are active. For example, Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp. Their built-in algorithms are able to use a webcam without much ado without even asking your permission.They usually run in the background, so open Task Manager or a similar manager and kill any actual processes. Complete the procedures and check that the camera is working properly. If there are no changes, move on.
Version 10.7 of Mac OS does not like Zoom, otherwise how can one explain the problems with the functionality of the program on machines running this system. To solve the problem:
- Open Finder and select Go to Folder .
- In the appropriate field, paste the address: / Library / QuickTine / .
- Confirm the seriousness of the intentions with the navigation button .
- In the window that opens, find the following objects and delete them: Video Glide , Sonix SN9C , 3ivx Video Codec and Desktop Video Out .
This will solve the problem with Zoom.
Laptops from this manufacturer also often have a problem with peripheral devices that interact with the Zoom messenger. Let’s consider a solution to the problem using the example of Windows 10:
- Open the Start menu and find the built-in application for searching programs, files and data (magnifying glass icon).
- Find the Lenovo Vantage utility and click to launch it.
- In the main menu, select the item “Parameters of my device” .
- Then open “Display and Camera” .
- Uncheck the box in front of the “webcam” privacy mode.
- Save the changes and close the utility.
Additionally, check through the system settings whether you have given permission for the program to use peripheral devices. We recommend that you make sure that the webcam is working properly by running another program that uses it.
If none of the above helped, contact the Zoom technical support service , describe the problem and wait for a response from specialists.
Webcam problems often occur in such programs, and there can be many reasons. If the system does not see the device, check its performance, restart the computer and use the recommendations from our article.