Prerequisites for using Zoom for Facebook Portal
- Having a Zoom account
- with a Facebook Portal device:
- via Facebook
- The Facebook Portal
- The Facebook Portal Plus
How to set up and configure Zoom on Facebook Portal
- Purchase a Facebook Portal device.
- Clear an area for the Facebook Portal.
- Create a Zoom account if you haven’t already, or if your organization hasn’t provided you with one.
Note: No special license is needed to use Zoom on Facebook Portal. All users, regardless of license, can use Zoom on Facebook Portal.
- Set up your Facebook Portal device according to the included instructions.
- Log in to the Portal App Store on your Facebook Portal.
- Find and install Zoom.
- Connect your Zoom account using one of the following methods: Pairing Code or Sign-In
Pairing code with web browser
If your organization uses single sign-on (SSO), this option is recommended. You will be prompted for a pairing code.
- Visit www.zoom.us/pair on another device.
- Type the pairing code that appears on the Facebook page.
- A confirmation prompt will appear. Click Yes, It’s Me.
- You will complete the setup automatically if you are doing it yourself. Tap a room provided to you by your organization if it has been provided to you.
Sign in with email
- Tap Sign in and enter your Zoom account email and password.
- If you are setting up Zoom yourself, the process will complete automatically. If your organization has provided you with a room, tap on it.
Setting a Screen Lock Passcode and Configuring Auto Lock
If you forget to lock your device, you can set it to lock automatically if you don’t have a passcode.
- After completing the initial sign-in process, you will be prompted to set up a screen lock passcode.
- To do so, touch Screen Lock.
- Set a passcode and then confirm it by re-entering it.
It is possible to set the device to automatically lock itself after a certain period of inactivity. A lock screen on the home screen will have to be manually selected otherwise
- The Settings option can be found in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Choose a timeout threshold to lock the screen after inactivity. You will have to lock your device manually every time if you choose Never.
You can manually lock your device by bringing up the Home screen on the Portal and touching the lock icon in the lower right hand corner.
How to manage other settings
From the Settings page under the Collaboration Devices tab, you can adjust additional settings, such as background images and meeting reminders, once your Portal has been configured. Click Edit next to the device you’d like to customize.
Using Zoom for Facebook Portal
Consult these articles to make the most of your Zoom device:
- Calendar setup
- Personal Meeting ID
- Using the Whiteboard
- Screen sharing
- Cloud recording
- Meeting controls
- Provisioning Zoom for Home devices