Using the Zoom Phone Appliance, you can combine the Power of Zoom Phone and the Power of Zoom Rooms into one intuitive and familiar user interface. This is the Zoom menu that can be found in the left-hand window, with Home, Keypad, History, Voicemail, Contacts, and More. While navigating the menu options in Zoom, the Zoom Phone Lines window will always be visible.
This article covers:
- How to use the Home menu
- How to use the Zoom Phone Lines and Keypad menu
- How to use the History menu
- How to use the Voicemail menu
- How to use the Contacts menu
- How to use the Zoom Phone Appliance for Meetings
- How to use the Zoom Phone Appliance for Phone Calls
- How to change the Zoom Phone Appliance settings
- Web portal settings
- Device settings
- Appliances that support Zoom Phone
- Are licensed for Zoom Phone
How to use the Home menu
You can start, join, and view upcoming Zoom Meetings from the Home menu.
- In the event that the user’s calendar is integrated with Zoom, the Home menu will display any upcoming Zoom meetings that are available for joining one-click through the Join button.
- To begin a Zoom meeting, tap the Meet button. To start an individual meeting, tap the down arrow.
- In order to join a meeting, click on the + Join button and enter the Meeting ID or Personal Meeting Name manually.
How to use the Zoom Phone Lines and Keypad menu
Zoom Phone number dialing capabilities, number and contact search capabilities are available via the Lines and Keypad menu.
- A list of all Zoom Phone lines, call queues, and shared line groups that are set up for the user will appear on the right hand side of the Lines window. You can set your Presence status by tapping any of the available lines: Available , Away , and Do not disturb .
- The keypad menu on your phone lets you search for a number or contact name by tapping the upper left Number field or Keyboard icon.
- You can choose to display or hide the caller ID for outgoing calls by tapping on the caller ID.
How to use the History menu
From the History menu, you can access the missed, incoming, and outgoing call history, as well as the date and time of each call.
- Filter missed calls, incoming calls, and outgoing calls using All History.
- The contact card will appear when you tap on an entry in the call history, along with the date/time, duration, and the Meet/Call options.
How to use the Voicemail menu
You can access voicemail history and playback functions from the Voicemail menu. Transcripts are not yet available.
- Playback and calling functions are available by tapping the voicemail entry.
How to use the Contacts menu
- Use the name or phone number to find contacts.
- The Meet and Call buttons will appear when you select a contact.
How to use the Zoom Phone Appliance for Meetings
A Zoom Room meeting experience can be enjoyed on the phone with Zoom Phone. With the Zoom Phone appliance, users will have access to all the familiar Zoom features like starting/joining a meeting, controls for participants and hosts in meetings, layout options, whiteboard control, and security controls.
- To start or join a Zoom meeting, tap Meet or Join. Zoom meetings scheduled in advance will appear at the meeting time and provide a Start button when the time comes.
- Once in a Zoom meeting:
- All the usual meeting controls are available, like muting/unmuting and starting/stopping videos.
- Screen sharing is possible from any web browser or Zoom App. Shared screen can be shared simultaneously by multiple participants. A share can be optimized for fullscreen viewing using advanced sharing options.
- The layout of the share can be configured to display as Speaker, Thumbnail or Gallery view.
- Participants in the meeting will be able to see a live whiteboard.
- From the More menu, you can access the Security controls.
- From the More menu, you can manage participants. Controls for renaming participants, inviting participants, muting/unmuting all, locking, and muting participants upon entry.
- You can also control recording, chat, settings, and volume from the More menu.
How to use the Zoom Phone Appliance for Phone Calls
Zoom Phone appliance is a compact device that comes with all the features that are available on Zoom Phone, but also enhances the functionality of Zoom Phone by providing you with the functionality of a multiline phone to quickly access and call your contacts and numbers, as well as do mute, hold, conference, transfer and record activities during conversations. The call can also be easily changed to a Zoom meeting if that is what you prefer.
- To quickly find and call a number or contact, use the Keypad or Contacts.
- During a call:
- Hold, Transfer, Add Call are all available via the keypad (DTMF). By tapping More, you will have the ability to mute/unmute, change the audio settings, and record (operate in a meeting).
- To transfer to the blind transfer, the warm transfer, or the voicemail transfer options, you will need to tap the Transfer button.
- Use the phone buttons to select Handset, Headset, or Speakers. You can also tap More and then select Audio.
- If you want to change the Zoom Phone call into a Zoom Meeting, tap More then tap Meet
How to change the Zoom Phone Appliance settings
Web portal settings
Several Zoom for Home features are available in the Zoom Phone Appliances.
- You can access your profile page at https://zoom.us.
- Select Collaboration Devices from the Settings menu. Select Zoom Phone Appliance from the list and click Edit.
- A list of options will appear.
- Name of room
- And location
- Image background
- In the device management
- Tool Meeting Reminder
- Turn off self-view
- And show non-video participants
- The gallery view
- Of the in-meeting video
- On the content page
- Under the alert settings
- For digital signage
The Zoom Phone appliance itself can also be configured with certain settings.
- If you tap More, you will be able to access the phone’s settings for the following items: General, Microphone, Speaker, Camera, and Phone.
- You can view the settings for the software, for the Screen Lock (with a passcode), for additional System Settings, as well as options like Send Problem Report , Reboot and Sign Out by tapping General.
- Depending on your phone vendor, System Settings will provide you access to numerous system settings including Display preferences, Accessibility, Power Saving, Bluetooth, and Wifi preferences.
- You can adjust the level settings for the microphone, speaker, or camera by tapping on them.
- By touching the phone, you can view a list of Direct, Company, and Caller ID phone numbers and Area codes. In case you need to hide incoming calls while in a meeting, you can enable this option.