You can create and save Zoom Room Device Profiles that specify specific device settings and screen layouts for a room. In addition to the Web interface, the profiles can also be applied from the controller’s settings. You can also change them during meetings.
This article covers:
- How to create a device profile
- How to edit or delete a device profile
- How to change device profiles from the room controller
- How to change device profiles in-meeting
Prerequisites for Zoom Room device profiles
- Zoom Rooms for Mac version 4.5.0 (1168.0906) or later
- Zoom Rooms App for iPad version 4.5.0 (147.0829) and higher
- Zoom Rooms for Android 4.5.0 (40516.0903) or higher
How to create a device profile
- Zoom’s web portal requires you to sign in.
- Select Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- You can create a profile for any Zoom Room by clicking Edit.
- To create a device profile, click the Device Profile heading, then scroll to the bottom and click Create Device Profile.
- A new profile will be created with the name you enter.
- The Zoom microphone, speaker, and camera should be selected under the Device tab.
- Choose the screen layout under the Display tab.
How to edit or delete a device profile
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- Choose Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- If you want to edit a Zoom Room, click the Edit button below.
- On the Zoom Room’s name, click the Edit button.
- Locate the device profile you wish to edit and click on it.
- If you need to edit your device profile, you can do so by clicking Edit. If you need to remove it, you can click Delete.
How to change device profiles from the room controller
- Tap Settings on the Zoom Room Controller.
- Click Device Profile (if settings are locked, unlock them first).
- Select the default profile under Source.
- Relock settings if necessary.
How to change device profiles in-meeting
Additionally, you can change the Device Profile during a meeting, but after the meeting has concluded, the profile will revert back to the default setting.
- At the top right, tap the settings icon.
- Select Device Profile.
- Select the desired profile.
- Click Done.