For each Zoom Room in your account or for a specific room, floor, or location, you can add your own custom images via the Zoom web portal.
Zoom Rooms digital signage can also be customized to display important messages when the room is not in use or can be configured to display a custom image on the scheduling display device when the room is not in use.
This article covers:
- Zoom Rooms background image requirements
- How to add a default background image for all Zoom Rooms
- How to add or change the background image for an individual room, floor, or location
Prerequisites for managing the customization of a Zoom Rooms background
- Ownership or administrative privileges of an account
- Running Zoom Rooms 3.5.19327.0620 or higher
Zoom Rooms background image requirements
The following guidelines should be followed before uploading a custom background image:
- You can use GIFs, JPGs, or PNGs with 24-bit transparency (without alpha). A white background will be shown to any transparent PNG areas.
- Minimum dimension:
- 960 pixels
- Maximum dimension:
- 1920 pixels
- Recommended dimensions:
- 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels (16:9 aspect ratio). You will see black bars beside the background image if the image doesn’t have an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Maximum file size:
- five MB
Example images: standard instruction, standard instruction with meeting list on TV
Zoom Rooms icons: create your own background image
How to upload a default background image for all Zoom Rooms
- Log in as an account owner or admin to Zoom’s web portal.
- Click on Zoom Rooms on the left navigation menu.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Account Profile.
- In the Zoom Rooms setting, locate the Background image.
- Click Upload.
- Be sure to follow our guidelines when uploading your image.
- Click Open after selecting your image.
A preview will appear beneath the settings.
- You have the option of locking the default image for all Zoom Rooms in your account by clicking the lock icon first. And again, click Lock to confirm that the image has been locked.
Click Upload New Image below the current default background in the future if you want to change the image. The image will no longer serve as the default background for your Zoom Rooms if you choose to delete it from your account.
How to change the background image for an individual room, floor, or location
Uploading a custom background image if the default image is not locked on an account level allows you to customize the look of a specific room, floor, or location.
- Log in as the owner or administrator of your Zoom account.
- Under Room Management, click Zoom Rooms.
- You can find the room, floor, or location you want to apply the background to using the tabs and the Search function, and then you can click Edit to the right of it after you locate it.
- It may be necessary to move the window to a wider screen in order to see the Edit button, or you may use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the panel to see it.
- Choose the Profiles tab under the Rooms section.
- From the Zoom Rooms setting, locate the Background image and click on it.
On the right side of the screen, you will see a preview of the existing default image used at the account level as well as the notification “Using account settings”.
- Choose your new image and click Open.
- Make sure the image follows our guidelines.
- Click Open to upload your image.
Upon clicking it, you will be able to see a preview of the new custom image for that particular location or room.
- To remove the uploaded image, click Reset. You will be replaced with the default image at account level if there is one.