Each morning, between 2 AM and 4 AM local time, Zoom Rooms automatically conducts an audio test. An echo test is performed using the microphone and speaker. A Zoom Room controller alert will appear if echo is detected. The Zoom Room controller also allows you to run a manual test at any time.
Zoom Room displays an alert on both the controller and the display before starting the audio test. Before or during the automatic testing, users can cancel the test.
This article covers:
- How to enable Zoom Rooms audio testing
- How to run a manual test
- Testing Results
- Viewing the Results in the Dashboard
- Email Notifications
Prerequisites for Zoom Rooms daily audio testing
- Version 4.1.20278.0206 or later of Zoom Rooms for Mac
- Version 4.3.20093.0201 or later of the Zoom Rooms iPad Controller app is required
- Zoom Rooms for PC, version 4.1.22620.0319 or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Android, version 1.0.22557.0316
How to enable Zoom Rooms audio testing
- Log in to Zoom.
- Click Zoom Rooms, then click Room Management.
- Select which level of the location hierarchy you wish to edit:
- For the entire account: Select Account Settings from Zoom Rooms. Click Meetings.
- For a location: Click the name of the room under Zoom Rooms. Select Edit.
- For a floor: You can choose a location by clicking on the arrow next to it in Zoom Rooms. To select a floor, click the floor name. Then click Edit.
- For a room: Select the location on the left side of Zoom Rooms. Locate the floor by clicking on its name. To edit the room, click Edit.
- On the Meeting tab, click Edit.
- Enable the Daily Automatic Testing for Audio Devices.
How to run a manual test
- In order to run a manual test, the room must be enabled for audio testing in Zoom Rooms.
- Click Settings.
- Turn off the Lock Settings toggle.
- Then, enter your Zoom Rooms password.
- Click on Test Audio Echo.
- The Zoom Room controller and display will display a progress bar. You can end the test at any time by tapping Cancel.
- Results of the test can be viewed on Zoom Room’s controller and displayed once the test is completed. Find out more about test results.
A brief message will appear on the display and controller if the daily automatic audio test passes. A message will be displayed by the computer and controller, however, if the testing fails. The room will also be restarted.
Viewing the Results in the Dashboard
The Zoom Room dashboard will notify the user if a Zoom Room does not pass the test due to poor audio quality.
Additionally, Zoom Rooms can also send you an e-mail if anything related to the audio needs to be fixed. Make sure the Audio Device has quality issues. Email alert is enabled to receive these notifications. Click here for more information on Zoom room notifications.