I would like to discuss some of the features that pertain to non-operational hours in this article. The Room Controls allow you to control the display systems based on the times during which they are being used. Using this method, we are able to control the Zoom software remotely, so we are able to direct exactly what commands are sent to the devices based on what is happening within the Zoom software.
This article covers:
- Room Controls
- Display control
- Projector & Screen Control
- Black Screen Mode
- CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)
Direct IP control over a network will allow a user to control a device based on the operating hours he or she chooses. You should get a second network adapter for your Zoom Room computer and assign that network adapter a static IP address. It is necessary to connect both the Zoom Rooms computer USB network interface as well as any devices controlled through the Zoom Rooms network interface to this small network switch.
- Version 5.1.0 (2745.0802) or higher for Zoom Rooms for macOS
- Version 5.1.0 (1612.0803) or higher of Zoom Rooms for Windows
- Version 5.1.2 (35624.0822) or higher required for Zoom Rooms for Appliances
- On appliances, AV subnets are not possible, but they can be managed over building LANs
How to set up Room Controls
- In your Zoom Portal room control profile, copy and paste the JSON sample text.
- The Zoom Room’s USB network interface should be set to a static IP address. The table below shows an example of this.
- Configure controlled devices with static IP addresses.
- Check your operating hours settings to determine when your system starts and stops.
- Adapter for Ethernet
- Adapter for USB 3.0 to Ethernet
- USB-C to Ethernet adapter or Mini Dock (Dual HDMI + Ethernet)
- Small Network Switch
- Display/Projector/Motorized Screen with IP Control
This example will provide files for one LG UH5EB display and two displays of the same model, the LG UH5EB. Each display will have an IP address that matches the sample static IP table.
A diagram showing:
These are some samples of JSON:
- Display on a single screen
- With dual displays
Projector & Screen Control
Two projectors will be controlled in this example. By using response filters, we will listen for an acknowledgment from the projector of an on/off command, which will trigger a customized event to adjust the height of the screen to match the system. In addition to controls for the projector, there will also be controls for the screen.
- One projector
- Two projectors
Black Screen Mode
During non-operational times, Zoom Room’s video output will automatically go black. You do not need to do anything.
Note: The Zoom website recommends turning off the HDMI-CEC function in order to put TVs into black screens.
- Versions of Zoom Rooms for Mac: 4.3.0 (446.0130) and later
- Version 4.3.0 (390.0130) or higher for ZOOM Rooms for PC
- Version 3.6.2995.0127 or higher for ZOOM Rooms for ChromeOS
- Version 4.6.1 (36316.0120) or higher of Zoom Rooms for Appliances required
CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)
Currently, Zoom Rooms does not support CEC controls while using the Zoom Rooms application. The best solution available today is Native Room Controls.