Dim the iPad Controller when not in use to conserve energy. Blacken the Zoom Room displays during this period to conserve energy. When no one is using the Zoom Room, set a schedule for the devices in the Zoom Room to dim.
Prerequisites for using Zoom Rooms operation time
- A Zoom Rooms-accessible role
- Supports the following Zoom Room versions:
- Version 4.0 or later of Zoom Rooms for iPad Controller
- Version 4.0 or later of Zoom Rooms for macOS
- Version 4.0.44731.0823 or later of Zoom Rooms for Windows is required
- Version 4.6.1 (36316.0120) or higher required for Zoom Rooms for Appliances
- In order to turn off the TV:
- Support for HDMI-CEC
- The Pulse-Eight USB-CEC adapter is required for HDMI displays with HDMI output
- The Pulse-Eight USB-CEC adapter and the Lindy HDMI CEC Less Adapter are required for Dual or Triple HDMI displays with Thunderbolt adapters
Note: If you want to put your TV in black screen mode, Zoom recommends using Device Operation Time Black Screen Mode rather than HDMI-CEC.
How to set an operating time for the TV and iPad Controller
- Zoom’s web portal requires you to sign in.
- Click Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- Location hierarchy allows you to enable this setting for a specific location or room. Go to Account Settings to make it available across your entire account.
- Toggling Device Operation Time can be found in the Setup section.
- If the room will be used at any time during the day, you should indicate the start time and the end time as soon as you can.
- If the room will be used on a certain day, please indicate which day(s) it will be used on.
- You can choose which devices should be dimmed or turned off during the hours/days when the room is not in use. Depending on your needs, you can choose between dimming or turning off the television and iPad.
- Just click on “Save”.
- You can make the Device Operation Time mandatory for all rooms by clicking the lock icon in order to make it mandatory.