If you want to give your Zoom Rooms conference phone functionality without being required to have a physical phone in the room, you can support it through Zoom Rooms. For this purpose, Zoom Rooms can be configured to only receive outgoing calls, or Zoom Rooms can be used as a SIP Phone Client to receive and make outgoing calls using your internal telephone system, for example Cisco’s CUCM, Avaya, Shoretel, or RingCentral. In addition to giving you the freedom to call another person directly, this will also give you the ability to call a conference bridge for a non-Zoom meeting.
This article covers:
- How to configure a Zoom Room to use PBX
- System specific PBX instructions
Prerequisites for using Zoom Rooms PBX Support
- Unified Communications Manager from Cisco (see CUCM below for instructions on using SIP phones from 3rd parties)
- And Avaya Aura Communicator (see below for instructions)
- Please refer to the instructions below for Shoretel.
Incoming Calls Only:
- Version 3.6x and up of Zoom Rooms for Mac and PC/Touch
- 3.6x and up of Zoom Rooms for iPad
- 1.0.40109.0721 or higher is required for Zoom Rooms Controller for Android
Incoming and Outgoing Calls:
- Version 4.0 and higher of Zoom Rooms for Mac and PC/Touch
- 4.0 and higher of Zoom Rooms iPad controller
How to configure a Zoom Room to use PBX
For incoming and outgoing calls in a Zoom Room, follow these steps:
- Zoom can be accessed through the web portal.
- Select Zoom Rooms from the Room Management page.
- To configure a room, click the Edit button (in the Rooms tab).
- You can start configuring the SIP phone integration by clicking Phone Integration, and then clicking the next to SIP Phone Integration.
- Click Save after selecting the protocol (UDP, TLS, or TCP) and entering the required and optional information.
- Your IT support engineer can help you complete this page if you are unsure.
- Upon registering your SIP phone, you will see a message at the top of the page that confirms your registration.
System specific PBX instructions
- Configuring Shoretel (Mitel)
- Details in the attachments