The Zoom Rooms interface can be customized to hide potentially private information about meetings. Account settings can be modified at the account level, room settings can be modified at the room level, and so on.
This article covers:
- How to enable private meetings for Zoom Rooms
- How to schedule a private meeting for Zoom Rooms
Prerequisites for creating Zoom rooms for private meetings
- Version 4.0 or later of Zoom Rooms
- IPad controller (version 4.1 or later)
- Role with editing rights for Zoom Rooms
- By using the Zoom Chrome extension or the Zoom Outlook plugin
- Adding your Zoom Rooms account to your Office 365 or Exchange calendars, or integrating Zoom Rooms with your Google calendar
How to enable private meetings for Zoom Rooms
As a default, Zoom Rooms displays the upcoming meetings in the room. Meeting times, topics, and the organizer’s name are provided for public meetings. Meeting topics are not displayed for private meetings.
You can configure all Zoom Rooms in your account to make private all meetings or hide the meeting ID of the host and members of private meetings by following these steps:
- Sign in to Zoom.
- Select Zoom Rooms from the Room Management menu.
- This setting can be enabled for a specific room or location using location hierarchy. For account-wide settings, click Account Settings.
- Select Meetings.
- You can turn them on by clicking the toggle next to the Hide the host and meeting ID from private meetings or Transform all meetings to private options.
- The change will be verified if a verification dialog appears.
How to schedule a private meeting for Zoom Rooms
In order to schedule a private meeting, either the plugin for Outlook or the plugin for Google Calendar can be used.
- When scheduling your meeting in Outlook, you can make it private by choosing the Private icon at the top right of the toolbar.
To learn more about scheduling meetings in Zoom Rooms (Outlook), please refer to Scheduling Meetings in Zoom Rooms (Outlook).
- Whenever you schedule a meeting in Google, you have the option of choosing Private as the Visibility.
Further details on how to schedule meetings in Zoom Rooms (Google) can be found in Scheduling Meetings in Zoom Rooms (Google).