A Zoom Rooms app can use a second tablet as a room management tool in order to schedule and display upcoming meetings within the Zoom Rooms app. In this method, the Zoom Rooms controller is run in scheduling display mode and the tablet is positioned outside of the conference room. This displays the availability of the conference room and enables it to be reserved. A schedule of all upcoming meetings on that particular day is displayed on the schedule display. The user can also cancel their reservation on the schedule display.
When you purchase one or more Zoom Rooms licenses, you will be entitled to unlimited scheduling display rooms. However, you can only link up to 10 scheduling displays to a Zoom Room at any given time.
Calendar integrations that can be utilized for scheduling displays can be used just as they are for Zoom Rooms: Google Calendar, Office 365, or Microsoft Exchange. In addition, they may be able to take advantage of the check in feature in order to manage the usage of rooms and to delete rooms from the calendar if the meeting is not started or someone does not check in. Find out more by clicking here.
For scheduling display rooms, find out about recommended hardware and mounting options.
This article covers:
- How to configure a Zoom Rooms scheduling display
- How to switch between a scheduling display and a room controller
- How to schedule a meeting from the Zoom Rooms scheduling display
- How to remove a meeting from the scheduling display
- How to only add a scheduling display to a room
- How to customize the scheduling display from the web portal
- Scheduling Display Device and App Info
- Instant Room Reservation
- Background Image
- LED Enclosure Integration
Prerequisites for using Zoom Rooms scheduling displays
- License for Zoom Rooms
- Android Tablet and iPad/Android Wall Mount for iPad, iPad Mini, and Android Tablet
- Learn more about Crestron’s Scheduling Display, Crestron TSS
- App for iPad version 4.2.37605.0629 or higher for Zoom Rooms
- For Android versions 4.3.33237.0925 or higher, the Zoom Rooms App is required
- In order to use Zoom Rooms for Mac versions 4.0.37666.0630 or higher
- As well as Zoom Rooms for PC versions 4.0.44731.0823 or higher
- Support for Google or Exchange calendar integration
- How to schedule a Zoom Rooms display on the same network as your Zoom Rooms computer – learn more
- Android and iOS support landscape and portrait modes, which are activated by rotating the tablet.
- All Zoom Room devices must be updated to version 4.6.0 or higher to support multiple scheduling displays. A Zoom Room can have a maximum of 10 displays.
How to configure a Zoom Rooms scheduling display
As a scheduling display for Zoom Rooms, configure the controller as follows:
- Zoom Rooms is available for download, installation, and opening on a tablet.
Signing in displays on the screen.
- Please sign in using the administrator credentials you obtained when you first installed the app.
A screen will appear that lets you choose a room.
- Choose the room name and tap Next.
A dialogue box appears asking for the purpose of the device.
- Select Scheduling Display.
In the scheduling mode, the app shows a calendar for the room, along with whether the room is free or busy at the bottom of the screen.
- Install the controller on a wall outside of the conference room.
The scheduling display is configured as a device associated with the room, and you can manage it the same way you manage the room software and the controller software.
- Zoom can be accessed by logging into the web portal.
- Then click on Zoom Rooms in the navigation menu.
- Make sure the tablet with the scheduling display is connected to the correct room and has a status of online by clicking the name of the room.
How to switch between a scheduling display and a room controller
With the tablet, you can switch between modes to repurpose it.
Switching between scheduling display mode and room controller mode:
- You can lock the settings by tapping the Lock Settings toggle (near the top right corner of the screen).
- Specify the device’s passcode.
- Select Switch to Controller from the General section of the Settings panel.
To switch between room controller mode and scheduling mode, follow these steps:
- You can lock the settings of your device by tapping the Lock Settings tab (at the bottom left of the screen).
- You will be asked for the device’s passcode.
- Select the Scheduling tab.
How to schedule a meeting from the Zoom Rooms scheduling display
Tablets that are installed outside conference rooms and are set to display meeting schedules show the meetings scheduled for that room. The bottom of the screen shows that the room is busy if it has a meeting on its calendar.
The room is listed as available if no meetings are scheduled.
The following steps will guide you in reserving a Zoom Room:
- No matter if it’s busy or available, tap the Reserve button on the screen.
Click here to view the available times for booking a room.
- You can edit a meeting’s title by tapping New Meeting.
- Drag both blue lines up or down by pressing the screen in between the lines.
- Arrange the lines so the blue line at the top indicates the time of the meeting.
- Control the length of the meeting by clicking the blue dot to the right of the bottom blue line. Place the bottom blue line to indicate the end time of the meeting.
- In order to change the settings for Require Meeting Passcode and/or Waiting Room, you will need to tap the toggles next to those selections.
- To invite participants to the meeting, tap on Add Participants.
- You will then be prompted to reserve the meeting.
In addition to the scheduling display, the room controller, and the online calendar associated with the room, the meeting is also added to the scheduling display.
How to remove a meeting from the scheduling display
The scheduling display can also be used to delete meetings that appear on it. Below are the steps for removing a meeting from the scheduling display.
- On the scheduling display, tap the meeting topic.
- In the case of a meeting scheduled via the calendar, there is only the option to Close the window.
- A pop-up dialog displays a Close option as well as a Delete option if the meeting was scheduled from the scheduling display.
- Click Delete.
The scheduled meeting is automatically removed from the schedule in the schedule display, from the controller, and from the calendar associated with the room.
How to only add a scheduling display to a room
In a normal room without a Zoom Rooms system, a scheduling display can be added if you have at least one Zoom Room. Licenses for Zoom Rooms are not necessary. In-person meetings can be held in a Zoom Room that’s configured for only display. This is not a full-featured Zoom Room. Zoom meetings can neither be hosted nor attended in this room. If your calendar system is integrated with this room, users can reserve this room for same-day meetings from your controller.
Rooms can only be reserved or displayed on a tablet. Computers and screens are not required.
- Access Zoom’s web portal by signing in.
- Click Room Management then Zoom Rooms in the navigation menu.
- Then click Add Room.
- Type the name of the room.
- Then select the Calendar Service and the Calendar Resource from the drop down.
- For rooms other than scheduling display rooms, this is optional, but it is a requirement for rooms used for scheduling display.
- To select the reservation only option, select the Reservation Only option from the Room Type menu.
- From the Save and Add Another button, select Finish.
How to customize the scheduling display from the web portal
Scheduling display device and app Info
The scheduling display can be displayed on the device and app version, or it can be deleted if you want to use a device other than the one associated with the room.
- Click the Zoom Rooms tab after you have logged in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator.
- From the Zoom Rooms tab, select Devices.
Under Devices, you will find the scheduling display.
- Hover over a scheduling display and click Remove in the last column if you want to remove it.
Instant Room Reservation
The scheduling display defaults to allowing users to book rooms instantly. To change this feature, follow these steps:
- As the Zoom Rooms administrator, sign into your Zoom account and click the Zoom Rooms tab.
- To enable or disable instant reservations, click the Edit link next to the room.
- Select the Scheduling Display tab.
- Select the toggle next to Instant Room Reservation.
The scheduling display uses the background image for its home page, where upcoming meetings and room status are displayed. Zoom Rooms background images can be used as background images in Zoom Rooms. A background image can be set specifically for the schedule display.
Here are some guidelines for choosing a background image:
- File format:
- (No alpha) GIF, JPG/JPEG, or 24-bit PNG
- Suggested dimensions:
- 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels (16:9 aspect ratio). An image with an aspect ratio other than 16:9 will be enlarged to fill the scheduling display’s screen if used.
- We recommend using an image of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels (9:16 aspect ratio) for the scheduling display in portrait mode. An image with a 16:9 aspect ratio will be zoomed into the scheduling display to fill the entire screen.
- The scheduling display overlays white text to show the time, date, room name, and upcoming meetings, so avoid using very light-colored background images.
- As a Zoom Rooms administrator, sign in to your Zoom account.
- Select Room Management from the navigation menu.
- Click Edit next to the room.
- Select the Scheduling Display tab.
- Using the Zoom Room background image or uploading a new one can be done in the Background Image sections:
- Zoom Rooms background image:
- To set the Zoom Rooms background to the same image, select Set, then click Save. An image preview will be displayed.
- New image:
- Select the desired image and click Upload. An image preview will appear.
LED Enclosure Integration
You can change the color of the LED to indicate the status of the room if you are using an LED enclosure.
- Log in as an administrator to your Zoom Rooms account.
- Then select Zoom Rooms from the navigation menu.
- Click Edit next to the room.
- Go to the Scheduling Display tab.
- Enable or disable the LED Enclosure Integration toggle.