If you plan to create your own video conferencing in Zoom or take part in strangers, then it is advisable to check the equipment and the Internet in advance. It will be very unpleasant when, at the most crucial moment, it turns out that the connection is interrupted, the microphone is quiet, and the webcam shows nothing. In the case of a friendly get-together, such problems are not problems. But in an online lesson or in another serious situation, this is extremely undesirable. The Zoom Test Meeting lets you check everything in advance.
You can join and organize video conferences using the desktop client, the web version, and the Zoom mobile application. And in each case, checking the equipment is a very good idea. So we will cover everything in the course of the article.
If you already have the Zoom program installed on your computer or laptop, then it makes sense to check it. Follow these steps:
- In any browser open the link http://zoom.us/test.
- Click LMB on the “Login” button on the loaded page.
- Agree to launch Zoom Meetings.
- Wait for the connection.
As a result, the test conference will be loaded, and at the same time, the check will go. First, the system will ask: “Can you hear the ringtone?” … If a melody is not played in the speakers (speakers or headphones), then select another sound device. If everything is in order, click “Yes”.
Then make sure the microphone is in order. Otherwise, change the output device.
Of course, you can also connect to the test conversation in the web version. For this:
- Open the login page in your browser.
- Sign in to your Zoom account if you haven’t already.
- Follow this link.
- Click on the blue button:
- On the new page, opt-out of launching Zoom Meetings if prompted to do so.
- Click on the “click here” inscription.
- Repeat step 5 if an extra window appears again.
- Then click on the link that appears below “connect from a browser”.
- Enter a name and confirm login on the new page.
- Check all hardware.
There is also a test conference for tablets and smartphones on Android and iOS. You can connect to it like this:
- Open http://zoom.us/test in any mobile browser.
- Tap on the blue “Login” button.
- As a result, the “Open with” window will appear. In it, select the Zoom app and wait until it loads. And if this window does not appear, then everything will happen automatically.
- Wait for the connection, and make sure that everything is working correctly, you can be heard and seen.