You can edit a single site’s settings after adding several sites to your account. Site settings such as the name, code, and emergency address can be changed.
Note: You can assign a Zoom Phone role to a phone user so that they can manage or access a site’s settings.
Prerequisites for changing Zoom Phone site-level settings
- Account types: Professional, Business, or Education
- Administrator or owner of an account
- Using Zoom Phone
How to access site-level settings
- Zoom’s web portal is available once you’re logged in.
- You can access it by clicking the Phone System Management link under the navigation menu.
- From there, select the site that you would like to edit from the list.
Under each tab, you can make changes to the following settings:
- Display Name:
- Change the name of your site by clicking Edit beside it.
- Site Code (only visible if you enable site codes):
- Type your site code here.
- Short Extension (only visible if you enabled site codes):
- Specify how many characters the short extensions should be. The system will prompt you to fix conflicts if existing extensions are too long or short.
- Range (Optional):
- You can specify a range of numbers when specifying short extensions. You will be prompted to edit any existing extensions that are outside the range or to keep them outside the specified range if they are outside of the range.
- Default emergency address’s country. These numbers are reserved for emergency addresses only.
- Auto Receptionist:
- A facility’s main auto receptionist will be displayed. It can be edited by clicking the name.
- Caller ID Name:
- The outgoing caller ID name can be modified by clicking Change.
- SIP Zone:
- Shows Zoom Phone’s server location. When Zoom makes a selection, it uses the emergency address of the site to select the nearest location.
The site’s policy settings can be changed.
Configure emergency dialing and routing.
Emergency Address & Location
Set up nomadic emergency services for the site and manage its emergency addresses.
Change the default hours of operation, holidays, and closures. These settings are similar to account-level settings.
Call park settings can be changed.
Ensure devices are encrypted.
Outbound Caller ID
- Additional Outbound Caller ID for User:
- Control what outbound numbers users can see.
- Show Outbound Caller ID for Internal Calls:
- Internal calls from call queues or automated receptionists should show the direct phone number. The receiver will see the selected outbound caller ID when dialing an internal extension with either an auto receptionist or call queue number as the caller ID when dialing an internal extension. By disabling this setting, the extension number is displayed as the caller ID when receiving calls.
Default audio settings should be changed.
The firmware update rules need to be set up or changed.
Callers may access a dial-by-name directory by entering a user’s name.
You can bulk apply phone settings by creating templates.